Discharge planning is a vital component of your stay at Wollongong Private Hospital.
The anticipated length of stay following the birth of your baby is:
- Vaginal birth without complications – most mothers and babies are discharged after the fourth night.
- Caesarean Section birth without complications – most mothers and babies are discharged after the sixth night.
Discharge time is 10am, please ensure that you check your room and take all your belongings with you.
For your baby's safety please have your car fitted correctly with a seat/capsule prior to going home. This is a requirement by law.
There are a range of postnatal support services providing support that are available to you when you leave.
The Illawarra Early Parenting Centre at Figtree Private Hospital offers the only residential postnatal support service in the area, providing assistance for a range of needs including:
- Sleep and Settling
- Reflux and colic
- Adjusting to parenting
Depending on your individual requirements, the Illawarra Early Parenting Centre can provide support through home visits, educational day programs or admission to the hospital’s intensive inpatient program.
To find out more about the Illawarra Early Parenting Centre, please visit figtreeprivate.com.au
Other community support services include:
- Tresillian Family Care Centres - 1800 637 357
- Karitane Caring for Families - 1800 677 961
- Early Childhood Health Centres - On discharge you will be contacted by your Early Childhood Nurse within the first 7-10 days to organise the initial home visit.