We are not currently taking any expressions of interest. Please come back here periodically to check for changes to this.
We value any enquiries into volunteering in our Hospital. Our volunteers offer a highly valued service to our patients. The role of a volunteer at Wollongong Private Hospital is to help provide a positive experience for patients and to make a significant difference daily to them, their family and friends and staff. The volunteer recognises diversity by treating all people with dignity and respect.
Who can volunteer?
- People who have some available time and who wish to help others
- People with a happy enthusiastic approach to life
- People who enjoy chatting or being with others
- People who enjoy being part of a team
- People who care about others
- People who want to make a difference
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- The ability to work as valued members of the team
- Experience new challenges, share and learn skills and abilities
- Having fun, meeting new people and building friendships
- Enrich the world of others whilst enriching your own
- Satisfaction from doing something to make a difference
- Access to Ramsay employee club – deals and discounts with over 4,500 suppliers in travel and accommodation, dining and fast food, leisure and entertainment, health and beauty and shopping and retail
What are some of the volunteer roles?
- Visiting patients and or relatives and completing small tasks (e.g., arranging flowers, assisting with meals, making cups of tea or coffee)
- Providing directions to visitors/ general information
- Assisting with filing
- Assisting with surveys
- Preparing patient materials
- General administrative tasks
- Providing feedback on patient information materials (e.g., brochures, flyers, Internet information)
- Participating in a focus group/ discussion group on particular issues
How do I become a volunteer?
You will be asked to fill in an expression of interest and come to the hospital to meet with us to talk about:
- Your interest in volunteering
- What you hope to gain from your volunteer experience
- Your preferred areas of service
- Your available time and how best we can help you to become a part of the Wollongong Private Volunteer family