What to Bring to Hospital
What should I bring for my stay in the maternity ward?
- Your Antenatal card
- Any letter(s) from your doctor
- All medications that you are currently taking
- Your Medicare card and Private Health Fund details
- Your consent form, if you are having a booked elective caesarean section
- List of people to call
- Comfortable clothes for day wear
- Sleep wear (front opening) - dressing gown and slippers
- Maternity bras
- Personal toiletries - hair tie, massage oil, lip balm etc
- Personal items - maternity pads and breast pads
- Hair dryer
- Camera and charger
- Favourite music and reading material
We encourage you to leave anything of value, such as jewellery, at home. Wollongong Private Hospital is unable to accept responsibility for the loss of valuables or money.
What should I bring for my baby?
- If you have decided to bottle feed your baby prior to delivery you will need to bring in formula. We will provide you with sterile bottles and bottle brushes.
- Disposable nappies will be provided free of charge during your stay with us.
- Gowns and singlets will also be supplied by Wollongong Private Hospital, however you are welcome to dress your baby in clothes from home if you wish.
- Clothes for baby to wear home
What should I bring for our journey to hospital?
- A towel in case your waters break
- A paper bag in case of sickness