Wollongong Private Hospital also offers specialised support through our dedicated Breast Care Nurse. The Breast Care Nurse is available to support breast cancer patients and their families from diagnosis through to treatment and follow up. The role of the Breast Care Nurse is to:
- Answer any questions from patients and families
- Explain surgery and treatment options
- Coordinate treatment plans
- Explain what to expect prior to surgery or treatment
- Visit patients during their hospital stay
- Assist with information and advice on wound care, breast prosthesis and reconstruction and specialised bras
- Provide emotional support to patients and families
- Facilitate referrals to support groups
- Offer ongoing support as required
Wollongong Private Hospital also facilitates a bi-monthly breast cancer support.
View breast cancer support group dates here.