If you would like to apply as a Visiting Medical Specialist at Wollongong Private Hospital, please contact the Executive Assistant, Kristy Tolhurst, for further information regarding our online application process. Kristy can be contacted by phone on 02 4286 1133 or email email@example.com.
If you are accredited at another Ramsay hospital, please advise the Executive Office on 02 4286 1133 as it may be possible to share information between facilities.
Please note these documents must be included in your application:
- Copy of post graduate qualifications
- Copy of college fellowship
- Copy of certificate showing participation in Continued Medical Education (CME)
- Copy of current medical defence organisation membership
- Copy of current certificate of medical registration – AHPRA
- Copy of AHPRA restrictions (if applicable)
- Copy of current medical indemnity release form OR copy of MIPS Medical Indemnity Protection Society forms
- Current Curriculum Vitae
Review of application:
- Your application will be reviewed by the CEO of Wollongong Private Hospital together with the Specialty Medical Advisory Committee Representative.
- At this point, temporary accreditation may be granted for a short period of time.
- Supported applications are then referred to the Medical Advisory Credentialing Committee Meeting for consideration (held quarterly).
- If endorsed by the Medical Advisory Committee, the doctor's name and details are referred to the Ramsay Board for ratification.
- The outcome of the application will be advised in writing once the review has been fully processed.
Please note: that as the credentialing process can take some time to complete, as much notice as possible is requested should you be seeking an appointment at Wollongong Private Hospital.
By applying for accreditation at Wollongong Private Hospital, you are agreeing to abide by our Ramsay Facility Rules and Code of Conduct. A copy of guidelines will be forwarded to you by email.
Any questions in regards to the credentialing process or if you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact the Executive Assistant, Kristy Tolhurst on 02 4286 1133.