Pre Admission Information
Thank you for choosing Wollongong Private Hospital.
Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patient’s stay, from preadmission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Preadmission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
Fill in the online admission form as soon as possible. This will take approximately 20 minutes to complete and your medical history will be saved for any subsequent admissions, making the process for future admissions significantly quicker.
Alternatively, if you are do not have internet access, please to complete the admission form received from your doctor as soon as possible and send it back to the hospital.
Please have the following ready when you fill in your admission form:
- Personal/Next of Kin details
- Medicare Card
- Funding details (e.g. DVA, Private health insurance, work cover or self-funding)
- Benefit details (e.g. pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- Item numbers if these were quoted by doctors’ rooms
- Information your doctor supplied to you re implantable medical devices (e.g. prosthetic and disposables) – If applicable.
If you have any concerns with completing your admission form, please phone 02 4286 1000 between 8:30am to 5pm.
If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund prior to check for any excess or waiting periods. We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can, however we also advise that you seek clarification from your doctor and health fund.
You will be contacted by the hospital the day before your surgery, after 2pm, to confirm fasting and arrival times.
Nursing Preadmission Clinic
Depending on the type of surgery or procedure you are having you may be required to attend a Preadmission Clinic. The Preadmission nurse will contact you to make a suitable appointment time and provide you with necessary instructions.
At your meeting with the Preadmission nurse:
- A brief medical history will be taken. Admission and discharge details will be discussed
- You should take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission
Your doctor will notify the hospital of the date of your procedure / operation and inform you of your day and time of admission. Your doctor will also explain your procedure or operation and complete the consent form with you.