Dr Matthew Beck is a General Surgeon who has completed two years of oncoplastic breast cancer and reconstructive surgery. Dr Beck has an interest in breast cancer surgery and well as melanoma and skin cancer surgery including local flap repairs, endocrine thyroid surgery and general surgery including laparoscopic surgery.
Dr Beck is a well regarded Australian trained Surgeon, he grew up in Wollongong and aside from training in multiple areas, including RPA in Sydney, has retained close ties to the area.
After obtaining a Bachelor of Medicine from the University of Newcastle, Dr Beck returned to Wollongong for his junior doctor training, He then embarked to RPA hospital in Sydney for surgical training including breast cancer, melanoma surgery as well as all areas of general surgery. Post fellowship Dr Beck undertook the highly regarded two year Oncoplastic breast surgery fellowship through the breast surg ANZ program.
Dr Beck is a VMO at Wollongong Private Hospital, as well as both local public hospitals. He is a member of the Illawarra and Shoalhaven multi-disciplinary team for breast and melanoma cancer surgery.
He is in practice at the specialist breast clinic and works in an integrated practice to achieve the best possible outcomes. The practice has multiple pieces of specialist technology to assist in surgical planning as well as ancillary care including a 3D breast mapping VECTRA machine.
Dr Beck is able to perform the following procedures at Wollongong Private Hospital:
- Breast cancer excision, oncoplastic remodelling and lipofilling
- Mastectomy with preservation of the skin or nipple and Implant reconstruction
- Breast reduction surgery
- Melanoma and skin cancer excision, local flap repair and lymph node assessment
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- General surgical procedures including laparoscopic Hernia repair, Gallbladder removal and endoscopy
- Minor procedures including ingrown toenail repair, lipoma and cyst excisions