Dr Tahrir Basheer is a very experienced and highly skilled female obstetrician and Gynaecologist and has been practicing in the Illawarra since 2005.
Since completing her MBBS in 1982, Dr Basheer has trained both in Australia and internationally and has immense clinical experience in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and is highly skilled in performing laparoscopic surgery both minor and major cases.
Dr Basheer’s areas of interest are:
- Pelvic floor surgery - genital prolapses
- Urogynaecology - treatment of both SUI and urge incontinence sling operations
- Abnormal uterine bleeding management - both medical and surgical using the most recent technology, Novasure, Myosure resection of submucouse myoma
- Chronic pelvic pain management
- Pelvic masses and ovarian cyst management
- Laparoscopic surgeries - both minor and major
- Cervical pathology - management of abnormal pap smears, colposcopies, vaginal and vulval diseases management.
- Private obstetrics for both high and low risk pregnancies
Dr Basheer has developed policies for medical management of ectopic pregnancy and early miscarriages at Wollongong Public Hospital and is involved in training post graduate registrars ,medical students, midwives and student nurses. Dr Basheer is a caring, thorough, skilled and knowledgeable doctor with a friendly and humble personality.