Dr James Wykes is a Head and Neck Surgeon accredited at Wollongong Private Hospital. Dr Wykes completed his medical degree at UNSW before undertaking General Surgical training at Liverpool, Bankstown and Prince of Wales Hospitals. After receiving his fellowship in General Surgery in 2012, James completed a year of fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery at Liverpool Hospital followed by a year of fellowship at the Sydney Head and Neck Cancer Institute at Chris O’Brien/RPA.
In 2016 he undertook a Maxillofacial and Head and Neck Surgery Clinical Fellowship at London’s St George’s University Hospital through the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh. Dr Wykes is accredited as a VMO at Wollongong, Liverpool, Bankstown, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse and Canberra Hospitals.
Areas of interest include:
- Advanced skin cancers (BCC, SCC, melanoma)
- Mouth, throat and jaw tumours (benign and malignant)
- Salivary gland conditions
- Thyroid and parathyroid disease
- Microvascular reconstructive surgery of the head and neck