Philosophy of Care:
“I am passionate about improving patient’s vision and strive to provide the most up to date and technologically advanced treatment options”
Specialising in cataract, corneal and refractive surgery Dr Borovik undertook his ophthalmic training at Prince of Wales Hospital. Completing a further 2 year subspecialty fellowship program at the University of Toronto, Canada under world renowned surgeon Dr David Rootman he gained experience in all aspcts of corneal surgery including minimally invasive partial thickness transplantation techniques as well as insertion of artificial corneas. Dr Borovik also has extensive refractive surgical expertise.
Dr Borovik has published numerous articles in the peer reviewed literature, lectured widely at international conferences including the American Academy of Ophthalmology and American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. He has served as a surgical instructor for courses in corneal surgery and complex ocular surgical techniques and is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
Areas of interest include:
- cataract surgery and refractive lens surgery
- corneal transplantation including partial thickness techniques such as DALK and sutureless DMEK
- Sutureless pterygium surgery
- Laser vision correction including custom LASIK and PRK
- Implantable contact lenses
- Keratoconus management including intra-corneal ring segments and collagen cross linking