Dr Yun received his medical training from the University of New South Wales and specialist Ophthalmology training at Sydney Eye Hospital. He was awarded the RANZCO Trevelyan-Smith scholarship to undertake a subspecialty fellowship in glaucoma and complex cataract surgery at the acclaimed Bristol Eye Hospital in the United Kingdom. Bristol Eye Hospital pioneers a shared care model for eye disease and Dr Yun plans to maintain this relationship with Illawarra optometrists in his practice.
Dr Yun is widely published and has won multiple prizes presenting at local and international conferences. He was awarded a Masters of Ophthalmic Science by the University of Sydney, and a Masters of Medicine for research in retinal biology, which was funded by the prestigious Wenkart Foundation and Rebecca Cooper scholarships.
Dr Yun has a longstanding commitment to teaching the next generation of doctors and Ophthalmologists. He is a Conjoint Associate Lecturer at the University of New South Wales and University of Sydney. One of his passions is providing volunteer medical care and these missions have taken him to Nepal, Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines. Dr Yun is a Wollongong local and in his spare time enjoys playing soccer, watching the football and cooking for his wife and daughter.
Dr Yun specialises in the following procedures:
- Micro-incision sutureless Cataract Surgery
- Comprehensive Glaucoma Surgery including:
- Trabeculectomy, Baerveldt and Ahmed tube surgery and Deep sclerectomy
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery “MIGS” - iStent and Hydrus stents
- Glaucoma laser procedures including:
- Peripheral Iridotomy (PI)
- Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT)
- Sutureless Pterygium Surgery
- Intravitreal eye injections for Diabetic Retinopathy and Age-related Macular Degeneration