Dr Leong studied medicine at the University of Sydney, graduating in 1995.
Anthony undertook his Orthopaedic training in Sydney during which he completed a Masters of Surgery through the University of NSW and won the Allen Fredrick Dwyer Award for Best Research Paper.
Dr Leong’s surgical fellowships were in surgery of the hip and knee. He is committed to excellent patient care and surgical outcomes involving sports injuries and arthroplasty of the hip and knee.
Dr Leong is a consultant surgeon to the Cronulla Sharks NRL Team and Honorary Orthopaedic Surgeon to the FFA (Football Federation Australia).
Procedures performed include:
- Knee arthroscopy
- Cartilage Restoration Surgery (MACI)
- ACL and multi-ligament reconstructions of the knee
- LARS Ligament knee reconstructions
- Osteotomy surgery
- Resurfacing Hip Replacement
- Unicompartmental Knee Replacement
- Primary Joint Replacement – Knee and Hip
- Revision Joint Replacement – Knee and Hip
- Hip arthroscopy and femoro-acetabular impingement surgery