Dr Matthew Starr is a highly regarded Australian and internationally trained Specialist Plastic Surgeon. Dr Starr grew up in Wollongong and is in fact the only Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon exclusively based in the Illawarra and South Coast region. Being a local, Dr Starr understands the problems, needs and lifestyles of this great coastal community. With a wealth of knowledge, sophisticated plastic surgery techniques and world class experience, Dr Starr can help you achieve the confidence and health that you aspire to.
After completing his medical and surgical training in Sydney, Dr Starr travelled to Europe to pursue his passion for Breast & Body Contouring Surgery, Reconstructive Microsurgery and Paediatric Plastic Surgery. Based in London, he successfully completed Postgraduate Fellowships at the internationally renowned Great Ormond Street and Royal Marsden Hospitals. During the course of these fellowships, Dr Starr was honoured to be appointed as the inaugural Senior Plastic Surgery Microvascular Fellow at The Royal Marsden, and as a Consultant Paediatric Plastic Surgeon at Great Ormond Street hospitals respectively. He has since returned home to settle in the Illawarra and provide a Specialist Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery service to its community where he has appointments in both the public and private systems.
Dr Starr has a special interest in and is able to perform the following procedures for you at Wollongong Private Hospital:
- Breast Surgery – Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, Breast Reduction, Gynaecomastia Surgery
- Body Contouring Surgery – Tummy Tuck, Arm & Thigh Lift, Post weight loss surgery
- Skin Cancer & Melanoma Surgery
- Breast Reconstruction – with your own tissue (DIEP flap) or Implants
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery – Eyelid Surgery, Otoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Face & Neck lift
- Paediatric – Prominent Ear Correction, Birthmark & Cyst Removal, Correction of Congenital Asymmetries
- Hand Surgery – Carpal Tunnel, Trigger Finger, Dupuytren’s Contracture
Memberships & Qualifications:
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with Honours - The University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Arts - The University of New South Wales