Dr Kelly Thornbury is a fully qualified Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon. Dr Thornbury was awarded fellowship by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and holds professional memberships with the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. Dr Thornbury has also completed a Masters in Surgery (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery).
As the first female Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon to consult in Wollongong, Dr Thornbury brings her experience as a surgeon, a woman, and a mother to the beachside region to offer high quality, personalised and an empowering surgical experience to her patients.
Dr Thornbury appreciates the journey that her patients’ experience, their vulnerability and their strength. Dr Thornbury explores surgical options for her patients with the highest respect of safety, functional and aesthetic outcomes. Dr Thornbury believes that this requires a true collaboration between patient and surgeon to achieve natural and balanced results.
- Breast surgery
- Body contouring surgery
Memberships & Qualifications
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Masters of Surgery – The University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Medicine – Newcastle University
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science – Newcastle University