A/Prof Peter Chin graduated from The University of Adelaide in 1990 and completed his urological training in 2000. He is a clinical Associate Professor for Wollongong University School of Medicine. He is widely published and maintains a modern up to date approach to Urology.
He has worked extensively in the area of management of the enlarged prostate, medical devices, laparoscopic surgery, uroronology and prosthetic surgery for incontinence and impotence.
Some of his main areas of interest include:
- BPH & UROLIFT- Green light laser
- Laparoscopic surgery for renal tumor
- Prostate cancer diagnosis and surgery
- Robotic prostatectomy, retropubic prostatectomy
- Endoscopic surgery for stone disease
- Incontinence - diagnosis and treatment as well as clinical trials in new advances for treatment in incontinence
Dr Chin has published and presented many urological papers. He is involved in many past and present research studies into new treatments in urology. Dr Chin led the first research trials for "Urolift" device and over 10 years later it is now a widely used treatment option for a minimally invasive surgical procedure for benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH).